Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Pls help. I hav problem with my monitor

• Please log in to reply

Wong Ha Chung

Wong Ha Chung

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Guys, can pls help me? I am new to this page and i got some question to ask u guys. The question is like this. I have a desktop which model is dimension 3100. Few days ago my monitor is still operating like normal. It can still be on when i pressed the monitor button.But start from yesterday, my monitor cant on. Yesterday morning got a big thunder on my country. But that time i no open my computer. All the switch is turned off. But i dont plug off the switch from the wall. A rain and thunder falls on yesterday morning. On the yesterday afternoon, when i come back from school, i opened my computer. My CPU remains ok which can still operating normally. But when i want to turn on the monitor , there are no light on the button. Its button is black and had a black screen. So i was wondering what happen to my monitor, can anyone help me? Please. I really need you people to help me.

Advertisements

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
It may be that your monitor suffered an electric shcok from the thunder, was it plug into a power bar with a surge protector on it.

You can try to plug your monitor in another wall outlet to see if it will turn on.

You can try to change the power cord (if you can.

If nothing turns it back on then it may be your monitor is dead.

Wong Ha Chung

Wong Ha Chung

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
But that time i didnt on my computer, maybe it is shocked? what means by power cord?

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
Power cord meaning the cord that goes from your monitor to the electrical outlet, some monitor they are built in and cannot be detach others you can remove them completely