Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Internet Connection with Portable Virtualbox

• Please log in to reply

PC Genie

PC Genie

• PipPip
  • 88 posts
I've used the regular Virtualbox a number of times and it always automatically connects to the host OS without any problems. However, this automatic internet connection does not happen when I use the "portable" version of virtualbox. I've checked a number of forums about this and others who have asked this question haven't found an answer. There must be some kernal or dll that is missing in the portable version. Some have tried using a network bridge between the portable vbox and the host OS, but that didn't work either. Has anyone successfully done this?

Advertisements

PC Genie

PC Genie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
Problem Solved.

I discovered that my firewall was blocking the internet connection for Virtualbox; so I unblocked it. Also the Virtualbox network setting had to be set to NAT. After that I was able to connect the browser in my Virtualbox Guest OS to the internet.