Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CANT RUN SYSTEM RESTORE, MALWARE, VIRUS SCANS, SECURITY PROGRAMS!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Mike Marquez

Mike Marquez

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have a HP mini 110-1150NR with 2gig ram and 1.60mhz processor. The OS is Xp home edition 32bit. It started when I have always had the virus protection AVG and a few weeks ago a friend told me to try Norton 360 cause it has always been good for his computers. Well I download a trial version and erased my AVG and what a mistake that was!! After my trial was over instead of it still protecting my computer it just made my computer very vulnerable and when I went to download a new virus protection (which was AVAST) I had to restart my computer for changes to be made and when I did that I was infected with a hellasious virus and I am stressed out and frustrated cause I have been trying to get help for 3 days now and have not received any help!! I have spent over 30hrs on researching the problem and I am to afraid to do anything without the professional help of someone that knows what they are doing. I cant run any malware scans, virus scans, system restores, and some of my documents. When my computer starts up I get a .dll error and when I run my system restore it says "system restore will not protect you computer and to restart and try again". I have done that in safe mode and regular and nothing happens and I get the same error message. I cant install microsoft security essentials and anyother security softwares. When I pull up my task manager all of my processes have an .exe behind them and some things are on there I have never really noticed. There are schost.exe and a few of them running. I know some about computers and I have no clue about stuff like this. I have ran tdskiller and rkill and combofix and will attach the logs for someone to review and help me!! I really hope that this forum I can finally get someone to help me solve this problem and get my computer running the way it should. I also do not have a recovery disc for this computer, cause it never came with one. My computer only has usb ports and no disc drive. PLEASE CONTACT ME ASAP so I can quite stressing about this situation every day and every hour. Thank you for reading my post and I will be more then thankful for the help!!!

Attached Files

Advertisements