Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

What is the right choice when buying new laptop

• Please log in to reply

otismoney69

otismoney69

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm new to this site so please forgive any violations of cyber mores. I just wanted to ask someone who is in the know, what my smartest choice would be in purchasing a new laptop. I currently have a 10 year old apple notebook. I need advice from those who use their machines for editing film. I want to make documentaries. I also need a computer that functions well for recording musicians. ( I am a professional musician, so recording and mixing programs are essential. I use a 16 track Yamaha in my home studio, but want my laptop to serve as an adequate substitute and perhaps surpass my expectations in it's ability. Although my apple has been a great machine, I'm interested in hearing from anyone who is engaged in these types of activities and what you have found to perform in a superior fashion. I am a novice in this area so I need your help so that I don't get buggered by some slick salesman. Also I'm not a gamer or at least not yet so I don't want to pay for things i don't need. Thanks--Otis

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• 22,936 posts
Hi otismoney69 and :)
Just a couple of pointers for you really as I am not involved in music or video editing etc, many Members and Staff at GTG are more than capable of recommending a suitable laptop for your needs but there are two things we need to know before providing suggestions 1: What is your maximum budget and 2: Where in the world you reside, let us know the above details and we will take it from there.