Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

left click works sporadically in Firefox 7.0.1

• Please log in to reply

JPowell

JPowell

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
Looks like only one of the attachments attached. Java version from DOS prompt:
Java <TM> SE Runtime Environment <Build 1.6.0_27-b07> Java HotSpot <TM> Client UM <Build 20.2-b06, mixed mode, Sharing>

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 5,499 posts
Hi,
Can you boot the computer to "Safe Mode with networking" then see if you can view maps. Don't "surf" in this mode because your Anti virus program is not running nor is Firewall, I want to see if one of these programs maybe causing issue.

Restart the computer, hold down the "F8 Key" during restart wait for the advanced options menu to appear. From the list select "Safe Mode with networking" hit enter, try to view a Google map there.

Edited by zep516, 02 November 2011 - 09:12 AM.

JPowell

JPowell

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
Booted in safe mode with networking. Could get the Google Maps and zoom just like normal.

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 5,499 posts
1 What Anti Virus program is installed on the machine? Norton, McAfee, Avast.....
2 What firewall is installed?

Lets see what else is running See directions:
A very small program that simply lists the processes that Task Manager lists, including the full path name so you can see what program they are part of.

Download ListProcesses for Windows from here
Once downloaded double click the Icon on the desktop
Choose "run" click Get List
At the bottom of the window click on Copy

When you reply back and answer my questions about the Anti Virus program and firewall, right click and choose paste. This will copy the list from ListProcesses so I can see it.

JPowell

JPowell

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
1. CA Suite
2. Using CA Suite firewall

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 10.0\Acrobat\acrotray.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\casc.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\ccevtmgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\hpwuSchd2.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Solitaire\Solitaire.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint\ipoint.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnscfg.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe
C:\ProgramData\U3\U3Launcher\LaunchU3.exe
C:\Users\Jerry\Downloads\ListProcesses.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Windows\System32\hkcmd.exe
C:\Windows\System32\igfxpers.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\system32\igfxsrvc.exe
C:\Windows\system32\schtasks.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\hp\support\hpsysdrv.exe

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 5,499 posts
Looks like it's the CA Anti Virus Program causing the issue, possibly from an update. Try disabling the firewall first, then visit Google Maps and see if you can see them.

These instructions are for CA Internet Security Suite 2010

• To turn off the Firewall, right-click on the CA Shield icon in the system tray, click My Internet, then click Disable Firewall.
  • To turn it back on, right click system tray icon, click My Internet, then click Enable Firewall.

If that does not do it try disabling the Anti Virus, then visit Google Maps.

• To temporarily disable the Antivirus, right-click the CA Shield icon in the system tray, click My Computer, then click Enable Snooze.
  • Enter the snooze time in minutes (up to 999, approx 16 2/3 hours) in the box and click Snooze.
  • To end snooze, follow the same procedure and click Wake Now on the page for entering snooze time.
  • To disable Antivirus on a longer basis, double-click the CA Shield icon in the system tray.
  • When Security Center comes up, click Update Settings in the My Computer tab.
  • Then click the red X next to Auto Scan.
  • To re-enable, follow the same procedure and click the green checkmark.

Note sometimes up-dating the Anti Virus program will sort out these issues too.

Let us know.

JPowell

JPowell

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
I turned off the CA firewall and couldn't see Google Maps. Enabled snooze and clicked the red x for autoscan. Google Maps still does not work.

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 5,499 posts
Ok,

Try disabling the Anti Virus as per instructions above. Maybe it's the Anti Virus that's blocking G. Maps.

Was there another Anti Virus program on this computer? Like Norton or McAfee? Did you install CA Anti Virus and if you did did you remove the other Anti Virus that was installed on it? I don't like these big security suites they cause problems sometimes.

JPowell

JPowell

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
disabled the anti virus by going into snooze mode and by clicking the red x next to next to auto scan in Update Settings. Problem persists.

I think a McAfee trial was on the computer when I bought it. I removed it and I installed CA Suite. Downloaded CA from my ISP. Will try to attach a list of programs from Programs and Features in Control Panel. Had problems attaching files some replies ago.

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 5,499 posts
If you see Google maps in "SafeMode with networking" and not regular mode, that tells us a program is blocking images. The mostly likely program would be your Anti Virus program. If disabling these programs is not working the next logical approach is to uninstall CA Anti Virus and see what that does.

Advertisements

JPowell

JPowell

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
Sounds like the thing to do. Will inform you of the results tomorrow. Thanks for the help.

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 5,499 posts
Ok, Lets follow some orderly directions for doing just that:

First download an Anti Virus program so you have one to use after you uninstall CA Anti Virus. We can use Microsoft Security essentials for now, you can always change it later.

Download MSE from here
Just download it. Do not double click the set-up file, until you remove CA Anti virus instruction for that below.

We will us a special tool to remove CA Anti virus called Application remover.
AppRemover is a free utility from OPSWAT that enables users to remove antivirus, antispyware and other security applications, as well as left over files remaining from incomplete uninstallations.
Get application remover from here

NOTE This tool may also see left over McAfee files since you mentioned McAfee was installed at one time.

Once the the Application remover is finished you may need to reboot, go back to the desktop and Now double click the Set-up file for Microsoft Security essentials that you downloaded previously and install it & UP-DATE IT. This ensures you have protection running.

Visit the Google Maps and see how things are.

Edited by zep516, 03 November 2011 - 09:54 AM.

JPowell

JPowell

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
uninstalled CA Suite and everything now works. Thanks for the help. I've had a couple of problems I contacted GtoG with and have 100% satisfaction to date.

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 5,499 posts
Ok,

Did you get Microsoft Security Installed as I suggested? The windows Firewall in Vista will be sufficient. What about the on line seller sites with shopping carts, are the working too.

JPowell

JPowell

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
Installed Microsoft Security. Firewall is on. Seller sites working.

One problem though. Before receiving the detailed uninstall directions I used the CA uninstall routine and then used the application remover that was suggested by GtoG in the last correspondence. I chose the option to remove only the files that may have been left behind by the applications uninstall program. No files were indicated to have been removed. CA still shows up in the control panel's list of applications but will not uninstall. I tried installing AVG antivirus and it wouldn't install because of evidence of another security program existing. What now? Try another antivirus program?