Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to restore Belinea o.book 3 to factory settings

• Please log in to reply

moll_flanders

moll_flanders

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to restore a Maxdata Belinea o.book 3 running Vista back to factory settings. I have no restoration disks. I've tried alt&F10 and F12 with no joy and cant seem to find anything on google.

Its an old laptop that the kids have used so its very slow and I want to speed it up a bit and get rid of everything on it.

Thanks in advance

Mo

Advertisements

noknojon

noknojon

• PipPipPip
  • 533 posts
Hello and Welcome -
I agree that there is nothing listed for reinstall without Restore CDs.
Have you first attempted to delete any un-needed programs the kids have installed and then running your Antivirus program ??
Also a full scan by Malwarebytes or SUPERAntiSpyware (free versions) may remove other problems that could be slowing the system.

Thank You -

moll_flanders

moll_flanders

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi Noknojon,

Yes I've deleted everything from it but its still running very slow.

I haven't tried scanning the machine so I will try the programs you have suggested.

Thanks for the reply

noknojon

noknojon

• PipPipPip
  • 533 posts
You may also need to remove all Temp Imternet files.
If you do not know how to do this quickly then use this - TFC, Temp File Cleaner by Old Timer.

Download it to your desktop (looks like a Black Garbage can), double click the icon to run it. A lot safer than CCleaner and it makes no Registry changes.

Before running, it will stop Explorer and all other running apps. So do remember to close and save any open programs.
When finished, a reboot is required, as the user must reboot to finish clearing any in-use temp files.

Regards -
EDIT -
I hope you do have a good (even free) Antivirus program installed and it is updated on a regular basis.

Edited by noknojon, 01 November 2011 - 04:47 AM.