Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Installed New Driver, No Monitors Don't Work

• Please log in to reply

Estra

Estra

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello. Last night I updated my Nvidia Geforce GT230 Graphics card to the newest driver and since then on Boot my monitors just remain black. I can't fix anything because the monitor isn't displaying any information. I've tried using 3 different monitors to see if they'll show the Startup but none of them are working. I use Vista 64bit. Please, any help asap.

Advertisements

Estra

Estra

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
So I actually tried just leaving my computer run for a while to see if anything would happen and about 15 minutes later a system restore screen came up so I'm pretty sure it is fixed. Just in case, any reason my computer would be doing that after installing new drivers and how do I prevent it from doing that again?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
Hi Estra and :)
Many newer drivers but not all are released to address known issues, so unless you are having a particular issue that a newer driver has been released to address then drivers are best left alone,

Just in case, any reason my computer would be doing that after installing new drivers and how do I prevent it from doing that again?

This depends on whether the drivers automatically updated or if you updated them yourself for some reason, what you can do is co figure your updates so that Vista will ask your permission before installing updates (Windows only) "how to" at the attached link http://www.lhup.edu/...pdatesVista.htm
Hope this helps and let us know, if you require anything further please also ask.