Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Setting up my wireless system

• Please log in to reply

Maleboe

Maleboe

• PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
Okay so here the deal I have a wireless headset specifically the RCA wireless 900 http://www.amazon.co...s/dp/B000ENRQ3M, a Dynex 32 inch television http://www.bestbuy.c...-specifications . So the thing is I want to pump my sound sometimes through my tv and sometimes through my headphones. It would be so much help if anyone could help. As always thanks in advance.

Josh

Advertisements

Spyderturbo007

Spyderturbo007

• PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
From looking at some pictures of the headset, audio is input into the base station using a 3.5mm headphone jack. Is that correct?

If so, the easiest thing would be to purchase a 3.5mm to RCA adapter, like this one. You would then plug the RCA's (red and white) into one of the Audio Outputs on the back of the TV and plug the 3.5mm headset jack into the other end of the adapter.

Most, if not all TV's, allow for the simultaneous output of sound to both the Audio Output jacks and the TV speakers. So when using your headset you would just mute the TV and do the opposite when using the speakers. Please keep in mind, that I can't seem to find confirmation that both outputs remain active, so I can't be 100% sure. But giving it a shot will only cost you the $1.95 for the cable. You should be able to find that cable from somewhere like Radio Shack if you don't want to pay shipping.

Maleboe

Maleboe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
I forgot to say that in the set up I am trying a computer is needing to run into the headphones somehow. Thanks always in advance.

Josh

Spyderturbo007

Spyderturbo007

• PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
I'm a little confused by your last statement. Are you trying to use these headphones for watching TV, or with your computer? In your first post you wanted to connect them to your TV, but now you want to use them with your computer? Sorry, I'm just missing what you are asking.

RandalMineconzo

RandalMineconzo

• Pip
  • 1 posts
If I'm not mistaken about your second statement? You want your headphone also to work on your computer? You cannot run the headphone on both of them at the same time. Probably buy another adapter for that. And use cord protectors to prevent your T.V and computer wiring from getting tangled.