Once the splash screen disappears, the screen goes black, the numlock LED turns off and the machine just sits there for ~90 seconds before the login screen appears. Here is what I've done in an attempt to fix the problem.
- Disabled all unnecessary start-up programs using Autoruns
- Performed a selective startup disabling all non-MS services
- Tried chkdsk /r - It wouldn't run when I rebooted. The machine acted as if I never provided the command.
- Reviewed the event log and didn't see anything that jumped out at me
- Ran Dell Hardware Diagnostics
Can anyone offer any other guidance on this issue. I'm stumped.