Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Acer Aspire One beeping problem

• Please log in to reply

chickmazta

chickmazta

• PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
A good day to everyone! I need an advice regarding my laptop, on the first boot after the bios POST it produce short beeps continuously and the laptop would not boot to windows. I press the power button for 5 seconds to turn it off, and when I power it on it goes straight to windows without any beep.

Its hard to explain but I'll try. This is an example of the problem. First boot, beep then windows won't load. power OFF, then ON it boots windows normally, and when I restart the laptop again, another beep and windows won't load, this alternatively happens. Its an acer aspire one d255e with Intel Atom n455. 1GB of mem, a windows 7 starter OS. I already tested the memory for 75 mins using memtest and shows no sign of errors. Hard drive already tested and no problems were found.

Some say I need to re-seat the memory or hard drive, but I have done it numerous times. It's the farthest I have gone to since its still under warranty, but I'm in asia the netbook was bought in the US. :yes:

Hope somebody will shed light. tnx in advance and more power GTG! :)

Advertisements