Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

yes sadly i have the last xp and a format that went wrong

• Please log in to reply

evil_melons

evil_melons

• Pip
  • 1 posts
so i had the last xp which i love and i know that its not a real version of windows so it dose have its bugs.so i got a external hard drive and removed all of the stuff on my pc and then started the format,which i have done many times,then it was a raw drive so i told it to install windows on to that drive which is where it always goes,it started setting up the ntfs file system then paused,saying that it couldnt install this file(sorry cant remember what it was),so i pressed escape to skip it then it done it again and again and again.now i checked the disk and everything and it was perfect not a scratch or a smudge and it wont finish it still what should i do i no longer have a os.i even tryed it in my other dvd rom which i had to plug in and still it wont work please please help.

Advertisements

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
Usually when the setup cd tells you that it cannot install this file it means that your ram (or one of them) is not functioning properly and it cannot put the files on it for you to continue the setup process.

I would download the iso bootable image of memtest86 and burn it on a cd and boot from it and test your ram (one stick at a time if you have more than one).