Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blinking Red Light, No BOOT!

• Please log in to reply

Howler87

Howler87

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi guys, i'm having an issue with my PC where when i boot all the fans and lights turn on but i get no boot no bios, just a black screen.under my power button i get a red light sometimes solid sometimes it blinks... i would also like to mention that i can power it up with the power button but the only way i can turn off my PC is by unplugging or turning off the power supply.

Thanks in Advance!

Edit: ok so now the red light is gone... but the lights on my PC seem dim... and it came on for a second but when i plugged everything back in it shut off... do you think its a power supply issue?

Edited by Howler87, 02 November 2011 - 01:39 PM.

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP

do you think its a power supply issue?

Sounds like it. I would try to scrounge up and swap in a spare and see what happens.