Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

TV Tuner Card questions... can I use strange monitor ?

• Please log in to reply

Woofer58

Woofer58

• Pip
  • 5 posts
OK... I'm lost. Thought this would be easy however I keep running into terms I don't get, like ATSC.

Here's the hardware: monitor- KDS K-24MDWB -- WUXGA 1920x1200, Analog RGB and digital. DVI HDCP connectors.
Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-MA69GM-S2H (690G chipset) w/HDMI ATI Radeon X-1250

TV Input- Comcast digital straight (no channel changer box) I have the el-cheapo account....

Out at Newegg, I see TV tuner cards but have no idea if they can work with this setup.

Any ideas ??? I'd think this would be easy, but I'm too cheap to shell out for one, then realize it can't work, then have to do the RMA bull and all that.

PS-- I don't care if it gets an HD signal or not. Think that costs extra ?? (from Comcast)

Thanx Guys

Advertisements