Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook 2010 - How to keep emails from downloading from server

• Please log in to reply

Julio

Julio

• PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
How do I keep emails from downloading from the server till I want to look at them? I want to see who they're from and the subject, but to keep emails with malicious stuff in them from causing problems, I want to leave them on the server till I want to view them. Thanks!!! :)

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
You don't, otherwise you wouldn't be using Outlook, unless you've set it up as an IMAP server, in which case it behaves like a web browser would.

Outlook has to download something to show you what's there, otherwise it wouldn't be a very good email program :)

Julio

Julio

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
Thank you so much! I love how helpful everyone here is!!! As you can see, I've been a member for a long but hardly post. But, I know whn I need an answer that's accurate and quick, I come here! :)