Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

device manager question marks

• Please log in to reply

cajunrod

cajunrod

• Pip
  • 3 posts
On my Dell D610 device manager I get question marks on "PCI device" and "PCI simple communications controller". I dont seem to find any driver or what ever to solve this. I have two D610's and both do the same thing. Any suggestions?

Edited by cajunrod, 03 November 2011 - 06:16 PM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
Hi cajunrod and :)
Can you tell us where you have looked for the drivers, have you tried scanning the computers for updates for example?
http://support.dell....LAT_PNT_PM_D610

cajunrod

cajunrod

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
the link you provided is exactly where I went to find drivers etc but was not able to identify anything that related to my issues.

peter99

peter99

• PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
Hope you don’t mind phil just to add

PCI Simple Communications Controller can be several things but it is usually the modem

Go to the above link and choose

Operating System: windows2000 or Windows XP

Category: All

Communication tab
Download Conexant drivers/software

Or

If you go in device manager, click on the pci simple communications controller, go in property and then go in details. Under hardware Ids You will see a code like per example
PCI/VEN_8086&DEV_27D8&SUBSYS...

The VEN code means vendor and the DEV code means device: in my case the vendor is 8086 and the device is 27D8. Just use fist 4 digits

Once you have the two codes, go to http://www.pcidatabase.com/ Enter the two codes and you should get the name of your hardware.

You should have C:\DELL\DRIVERS\ folder you can look in there for labelled R104087.EXE

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

Hope you don’t mind phil just to add

PCI Simple Communications Controller can be several things but it is usually the modem

Go to the above link and choose

Operating System: windows2000 or Windows XP

Category: All

Communication tab
Download Conexant drivers/software

Or

If you go in device manager, click on the pci simple communications controller, go in property and then go in details. Under hardware Ids You will see a code like per example
PCI/VEN_8086&DEV_27D8&SUBSYS...

The VEN code means vendor and the DEV code means device: in my case the vendor is 8086 and the device is 27D8. Just use fist 4 digits

Once you have the two codes, go to http://www.pcidatabase.com/ Enter the two codes and you should get the name of your hardware.

You should have C:\DELL\DRIVERS\ folder you can look in there for labelled R104087.EXE

Not at all Peter, helping the OP is the objective so thank you for pitching in :)
Dell systems can be picky about their drivers but if you are still searching check http://www.innovativ....com/drivermax/ for future reference you are only allowed to download 2 drivers a day for free from there.

cajunrod

cajunrod

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
you guys and or gals are terrific it works just as u suggested

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
Glad you got it sorted and thanks for the update :)