Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD of Problem

• Please log in to reply

adlb1300

adlb1300

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
I have a computer running XP with SP3. Over the past few weeks my computer has crashed leaving me with the dreaded BSOD. I ran WhoCrashed and got the following information for both crashes. I did some searching and could not find a good solution and was hoping I could find some help here. I have also included the dump files fo review if needed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System Information (local)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

computer name: LILDER
windows version: Windows XP Service Pack 3, 5.1, build: 2600
windows dir: C:\WINDOWS
CPU: GenuineIntel Intel® Celeron® CPU 2.40GHz Intel586, level: 15
1 logical processors, active mask: 1
RAM: 1205862400 total
VM: 2147352576, free: 2034274304

Crash Dump Analysis

Crash dump directory: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Tue 11/1/2011 6:28:16 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini110111-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: bckd.sys (bckd+0x2033)
Bugcheck code: 0x1000008E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFFFFFB140D217, 0xFFFFFFFFAEB8C9FC, 0x0)
Error: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\bckd.sys
product: K9 Web Protection
company: Blue Coat Systems, Inc.
description: K9 Web Protection Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: bckd.sys (K9 Web Protection Driver, Blue Coat Systems, Inc.).
Google query: bckd.sys Blue Coat Systems, Inc. KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M

On Wed 9/28/2011 1:55:10 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini092711-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: bckd.sys (bckd+0x2033)
Bugcheck code: 0x1000008E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFFFFFB146B217, 0xFFFFFFFFB01AC934, 0x0)
Error: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\bckd.sys
product: K9 Web Protection
company: Blue Coat Systems, Inc.
description: K9 Web Protection Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: bckd.sys (K9 Web Protection Driver, Blue Coat Systems, Inc.).
Google query: bckd.sys Blue Coat Systems, Inc. KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M

Attached Files

Advertisements

noknojon

noknojon

• PipPipPip
  • 533 posts
Hi -

The first program that is causing your problems is "K9 Web Protection".
Please uninstall this 'security' program, and if you still want to keep the kids off some sites, try and reinstall after a few days.
It is also suggested you look for an update to K9 if you choose to reinstall it, as this is the main cause of the current problem.

Thank You -