Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

driver wireless toshiba

• Please log in to reply

vyk68

vyk68

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I purchased a Toshiba laptp C670-14E with Intel Core i3, 4GB, 500GB, nVidia GeForce 315M512 mb, and fail to find the wireless driver. Please help me!

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,090 posts
First, using an Ethernet cable to plug your laptop directly into your router, can you make an Internet connection that way?

There is a small computer Icon down by the clock, would you right click on that choose "Troubleshoot Problems" Tell us the exact error you get as seen on screen word for word.

Do you have a wireless adapter listed in 'Network adapters' in Device Manager?
To enter the Device Manager , Click > Start > Click > "All control panel items" from the list click Device Manger. Inside device manager look for 'Network adapters". click the small arrow to the left of 'Network adapters' this will expand the list so you can see them. Tell us exactly what is listed there. Do you see any errors listed? Yellow exclamation mark indicates error.

NOTE Can't find your model # on the Toshibia site. Was this laptop purchased in the United states?

Edited by zep516, 04 November 2011 - 08:01 AM.

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
You Know that some toshiba laptops have a on-off switch on the side of the laptop. My wife has a bad habit of turning the switch off inadvertly then asking me to fix it for her because she can't seem to connect to the internet.

SRX660

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,090 posts
Yes, the switch! I can never remember to mention that detail.

Thanks SRX660 !!