Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Quick way to kill Nail.exe?(duplicate)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

galdenhart

galdenhart

• Pip
  • 6 posts
1. Open up notepad, and save an empty document as Nail.exe (when you save the file, click all files in the file type drop-down menu.)
2. Right click the file, click properties, then choose Read-only and put that on.
3. Open up windows and replace the one you just made for the one inside.

Can anyone give me any feedback to see if this actually works? Im not sure, but at the momment i am infected with both aurora spyware and the trojan Agent. I have not currently found a fix for it, although i have looked on the net for a while now, but came up with this idea. Can any of the moderators try this out and see if it works?

Advertisements

Guest_usetobe_*

Guest_usetobe_*
Hi galdenhart,

Nail/aurora is now quite easy to fix...post your hjt log and once of us will give you instructions to remove

Edited by usetobe, 01 June 2005 - 01:11 PM.

Guest_usetobe_*

Guest_usetobe_*
Duplicate post Helped in other post. Closed