Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows no longer will run goes to safemode screen help!

• Please log in to reply

silkk

silkk

• Pip
  • 3 posts
ok so i installed a ripped version of norton (my comp isent as of yet online) once i turn on my comp everything goes as normal then without hitting any keys i get the safemode proft open in safe mode work normaly etc...... if i hit eather work in safemood or work normaly has the windows xp loading bar then a blue screen flashes realy quick and the comp restarts and does the same thing each time.....

i need help i know alot about comps but this i cant figure out and im broke can someone please help me out i beg you!!!!!

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

ok so i installed a ripped version of norton

What do you mean by ripped version?

if i hit eather work in safemood or work normaly has the windows xp loading bar then a blue screen flashes realy quick and the comp restarts and does the same thing each time.....

Then we need to stop it so you can supply more information.

• Start your system and at the Second post screen tap on F8 to get to the Boot Menu
  • Use the Arrow Keys to Scroll down to the line that says "Auto Start On Error" and highlight it.
  • Click Enter to disable it
  • The system should reboot and if not then do so.
  • When the BSOD shows it will stop so that you can reply with the STOP ERROR and any parameters.

silkk

silkk

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
i hit f8 and all i get is a list of removeABLE,CD ROM and HARDDISC i dont have any

# Use the Arrow Keys to Scroll down to the line that says "Auto Start On Error" and highlight it.

silkk

silkk

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
and ripped as in downloaded

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK then what ever key you click to get to the list where it says Safe Mode or Normal Mode is what you need to get to. From there the screen should look the same as what I referenced above.

Downloaded from Symantec or from P2P?