Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

XP boots and get blue screen in any mode when starts

• Please log in to reply

noknojon

noknojon

• PipPipPip
  • 531 posts
You will find that the link provided by phillpower2 is widely used by many helpers around many forums .

Plus we think the Boss (Admin) has set it out very well for most users to generally follow.
Also as above, always continue to ask questions and ask for help along the way.

Regards -

Advertisements

obsidianx

obsidianx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
Thank you for the link, the directions were helpful until I ran into a problem. I followed the instructions but when I pressed enter to setup XP now I got a screen stating it could not find EULA "End-User License Agreement" and it said it would have to restart. Any suggestions? Thank you.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 19,993 posts
Try restart please, did you follow the on screen instructions precisely?

obsidianx

obsidianx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
Yeah it was right after the Windows Setup screen before the Windows XP Licensing Agreement screen. I have done it 2 more times and have gotten "setup cannot find the End User Licensing Agreement <EULA>. Setup cannot continue. To quit, press F3.

I have found a microsoft support article on this, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326673 , which states another OS formatted the drive but I was told the computer was working before and no changes have been made to the hard drive. There have also been postings by searching with google that have had both errors I mentioned regarding the boot error message and EULA missing. Although I haven't found any solutions yet. Any ideas?

Edited by obsidianx, 10 November 2011 - 04:07 PM.

noknojon

noknojon

• PipPipPip
  • 531 posts
Currently I have no quick answer -
Unless phillpower2 comes back and offers a quick idea, please read these "side links" on the M/soft link.
Setup cannot find the end user licensin...<
Setup could not find eula<
Setup cannot find EULA error for instal...<
Cannot find end user licensing agreement<
Setup was unable to format the partitio

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 19,993 posts
Try Slipstreaming Sp2/3 into your recovery disk, heres a guide http://www.howtohave...ce-pack-3.shtml there is also a facility there to create a boot disk from scratch, I have not done this before by the way and like you say there is no definitive answers out there.

obsidianx

obsidianx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
It still can't recognize EULA. From what I can tell it looks like a drive of some sort was removed from the side and since Windows was preinstalled I was wondering if there was a difference in hardware config that it could cause EULA to not be recognized.

I also tried to run chkdsk to see if there was a drive issue and got the following message:

STOP: c0000139 [Entry Point Not Found]
The procedure entry point NtSerializeBoot could not be located in the dynamic link library ntdll.dll.

In recovery console I tried to check the directory of the c: and got the following: An error occurred during directory enumeration.

Any other ideas? Is there any diagnostic software that would be helpful with the drive?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 19,993 posts
Run hard drive diagnostics: http://www.tacktech....ay.cfm?ttid=287
Make sure, you select tool, which is appropriate for the brand of your hard drive.
Depending on the program, it'll create bootable floppy, or bootable CD.
If downloaded file is of .iso type, use ImgBurn: http://www.imgburn.com/ to burn .iso file to a CD (select "Write image file to disc" option), and make the CD bootable.

NOTE. If your hard drive is made by Toshiba, unfortunately, you're out of luck, because Toshiba doesn't provide any diagnostic tool.

Thanks to Broni for the instructions :)

EDIT: Link fixed.

Edited by phillpower2, 12 November 2011 - 10:26 AM.

obsidianx

obsidianx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Run hard drive diagnostics: http://www.tacktech....ay.cfm?ttid=287
Make sure, you select tool, which is appropriate for the brand of your hard drive.
Depending on the program, it'll create bootable floppy, or bootable CD.
If downloaded file is of .iso type, use ImgBurn: http://www.imgburn.com/ to burn .iso file to a CD (select "Write image file to disc" option), and make the CD bootable.

NOTE. If your hard drive is made by Toshiba, unfortunately, you're out of luck, because Toshiba doesn't provide any diagnostic tool.

Thanks to Broni for the instructions :)

Thanks, I will definitely give this a try. I tried using the hard drive diagnostics link and it is stating it is not a good address.

The hard drive is an IBM travelstar 30GB 4200rpm, ic25n030atcs04-0, and I think I found the website you were talking about: http://www.tacktech....m?ttid=287#ibm.

My question is that it says certain types of travelstar are not compatible with this diagnostic and I was wondering if this drive was one of them? It states the following:

Note: Currently, the Drive Fitness Test does not support Microdrives, Travelstar 8E, Travelstar 10E, or Travelstar C4K Series hard drives.

Thank you.

Edited by obsidianx, 12 November 2011 - 10:27 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 19,993 posts
Thanks the link is fixed :)

Advertisements

obsidianx

obsidianx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
The drive I mentioned in my previous post, is that one of the series types that are excluded by the diagnostic program? Thanks :)

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 19,993 posts
Can`t say, is your HDD one of these Travelstar 8E, Travelstar 10E, or Travelstar C4K Series
Seatools is pretty good for testing other brands of HDD in some cases.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 19,993 posts

Thank you for the link, the directions were helpful until I ran into a problem. I followed the instructions but when I pressed enter to setup XP now I got a screen stating it could not find EULA "End-User License Agreement" and it said it would have to restart. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Can I ask have you been pressing Enter instead of R for Repair?

NB: Thank you to TA colleague Macboatmaster for mentioning this possibility :)

obsidianx

obsidianx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
I have pressed R before at Windows XP Setup page to get into recovery console but I thought I need to press enter first so the system would recognize EULA and then display the copy of windows xp that is installed on the computer. There I can select the version of Windows XP I want to repair by selecting it and pressing R. Was I wrong?

As far as the hard drive I'm not sure if it is one of the series that was listed as being incompatible. I have tried to do searches to find out, but as of yet have been unsuccessful. I'm afraid to run the diagnostic if it is incompatible with the drive and cause more damage. Any ideas where I can find out what series of drive it is?

I do appreciate your help with this, I know it has not been easy.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
When you first boot to the CD, tell me please what screen you are presented with

Posted Image

On this screen you do NOT key enter - you key R
Then on the next screen all being well it will ask you to confirm which windows installation you wish to log into.
It will most likely if it finds any - find 1. C:\Windows.
You key the number. ie: 1.

Further to the above and this from a previous post, as I have just now read the thread

I also tried to run chkdsk to see if there was a drive issue and got the following message:

STOP: c0000139 [Entry Point Not Found]
The procedure entry point NtSerializeBoot could not be located in the dynamic link library ntdll.dll.

I now presume that you have previously entered the recovery console using the CD my colleague sent you the download for.

Did you after pressing R - using that CD from the Artellos download get to this screen
Microsoft Windows XP Recovery Console.
The Recovery Console provides system repair and recovery functionality.
Type EXIT to quit the Recovery Console and restart the computer.
C:\

and is that where you typed the chkdsk command.

Edited by Macboatmaster, 12 November 2011 - 08:13 PM.