Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

mozilla firefox lag

• Please log in to reply

granty85

granty85

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
firstly, apologies for posting a browser topic under the applications forum, but for some reason my ridiculous ISP denies access to that section of your website, so i'll have to make do.
Anyways i'm running a pretty solid unit of a laptop, not gonna go into specs cause i couldnt be bothered, but basically its fast and powerful in terms of laptops. im running vista home premium and the latest update of firefox.
for some reason recently, firefox has been lagging (only way i know how to describe it). everything on the browser will freeze for about a second or two, every ten seconds. this includes text, videos on youtube, even the loading circle on tabs. does anyone have any idea what may be the cause of this?

i recently installed superantispyware the program, and 2 add-ons for firefox which have both been removed. one being noscript, the other was keyscrambler. the only other thing i've done to my unit is clean it up, removed old un-used programs, removed some startup programs from the startup list, defragged, ran a few scans and tweaked something i cant even remember what it was in firefox under instruction from a firefox tweaking guide at geekstogo.com so that loading time would be improved. thats all i can think of. basically all the changes i've made were through direction from geekstogo.com instructional guides to make my laptop safer and quicker (im a little impatient).

any help would be appreciated. cheers

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Did you check the drive for file system errors then defragment it (in that order)?

granty85

granty85

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
i think so. i just ran a standard scan using avg, then defragmented