Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

COMPUTER CRASHES DUE TO VIDEO PROBLEMS

• Please log in to reply

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
Sorry abulele I was waiting for you to post back after doing All the recommended fixes!

actually i cant find any test for visual effects

See the Recommended Fixes @ http://www.pcpitstop...?conid=24640226 Visual effects test is @
http://www.pcpitstop...?conid=24640226 follow the guidance there.

Advertisements

abulele

abulele

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
oh i didnt notice them, anyway i followed the recommendetions so now im waiting for any disturbances.... thank you though again!

abulele

abulele

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
well its still not right, this time it happend when i was using revo uninstaller to remove a program, likt that out of the blue in the middle of the uninstalling

abulele

abulele

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
here

Attached Thumbnails

• Untitled.jpg

Attached Files

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
No readings of use again, this is frustrating for me so it must also be for you
Did you have to also click on the sensor reading to obtain the HDD temperature?
After all the testing and tidying up we have done I feel that we should get a second opinion, both the PSU and video card could be the cause of this or indeed both, swapping in a known good PSU is normally done first as they have the potential to cause a lot of damage if they blow, a 256MB video card is low by todays standards due to the demands placed on them and over time they weaken and start breaking down, I will now contact a member of Staff to check in on this topic.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Your Java looks to be out of date.
Please download JavaRa from the link in my signature below to your desktop and unzip it to its own folder
  • * Run JavaRa.exe, pick the language of your choice and click Select. Then click Remove Older Versions.
    * Accept any prompts.
    * Open JavaRa.exe again and select Search For Updates.
    * Select Update Using Sun Java's Website then click Search and click on the Open Webpage button.
  • Download and install the latest Java Runtime Environment (JRE) version for your computer.

http://sourceforge.n...ft&words=javara

Java Download Link
http://www.java.com/...load/manual.jsp

Next I see you have Utorrent installed. We may be dealing with a infection but i would like to check the following.

Run hard drive diagnostics: http://www.tacktech....ay.cfm?ttid=287
Make sure, you select tool, which is appropriate for the brand of your hard drive.
Depending on the program, it'll create bootable floppy, or bootable CD.
If downloaded file is of .iso type, use ImgBurn: http://www.imgburn.com/ to burn .iso file to a CD (select "Write image file to disc" option), and make the CD bootable.

NOTE. If your hard drive is made by Toshiba, try the Hitachi DFT CD Image version of the software

Thanks to Broni for the instructions

If you have more than one RAM module installed, try starting computer with one RAM stick at a time.

NOTE Keep in mind, the manual check listed above is always superior to the software check, listed below. DO NOT proceed with memtest, if you can go with option A

B. If you have only one RAM stick installed...
...run memtest...

1. Download - Pre-Compiled Bootable ISO (.zip). If you prefer to use the USB version then use this link USB KEY
2. Unzip downloaded /memtest86+-4.20.iso.zip file.
3. Inside, you'll find /memtest86+-4.20.iso file.
4. Download, and install ImgBurn: http://www.imgburn.com/
5. Insert blank CD into your CD drive.
6. Open ImgBurn, and click on Write image file to disc
7. Click on Browse for a file... icon:

Posted Image

8. Locate [b/memtest86+-4.20.iso[/b] file, and click Open button.
9. Click on ImgBurn green arrow to start burning bootable memtest86 CD:

Posted Image

10. Once the CD is created, boot from it, and memtest will automatically start to run. You may have to change the boot sequence in your BIOS to make it work right.

To change Boot Sequence in your BIOS

Reboot the system and at the first post screen (where it is counting up memory) start tapping the DEL button
This will enter you into the Bios\Cmos area.
Find the Advanced area and click Enter
Look for Boot Sequence or Boot Options and highlight that click Enter
Now highlight the first drive and follow the directions on the bottom of the screen on how to modify it and change it to CDrom.
Change the second drive to the C or Main Drive
Once that is done then click F10 to Save and Exit
You will prompted to enter Y to verify Save and Exit. Click Y and the system will now reboot with the new settings.

The running program will look something like this depending on the size and number of ram modules installed:

Posted Image

It's recommended to run 5-6 passes. Each pass contains very same 8 tests.

This will show the progress of the test. It can take a while. Be patient, or leave it running overnight.

Posted Image

The following image is the test results area:

Posted Image

The most important item here is the “errors” line. If you see ANY errors, even one, most likely, you have bad RAM.

abulele

abulele

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
ok sorry for my ignorance but im in a dead end, i installed the drive diagnostic tools software, ran it and it says scanning for supported drives then showing me in a window the drive, saying its ready for a test, above there are several test i can choose
s.m.a.r.t check
short drive self check
drive info
short generic
long generic
and advanced checks, which once i clicked, was warning me those checks could erase files....

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Run these in this order.
  • s.m.a.r.t check
  • long generic

abulele

abulele

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
they both pass, move on to the next steps?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
can I ask you to provide your PSU (power supply unit) details brand, and output please.

Advertisements

abulele

abulele

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
where can i find that out?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
Unfortunately if you do not happen to know the details you will need to do a physical check which means disconnecting the power cord from the wall, disconnecting printers etc, removing the side of the case then writing down the details which should be displayed on a sticker attached to the PSU (see example below)

abulele

abulele

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
i belieev its this
it says"product no. TM-350-PMSR"

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
Is this http://clearancezone...m.php?list=2441 your PSU?

abulele

abulele

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
yes indeed