Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 7 Code 43 error for graphics card

• Please log in to reply

OldFatGuy

OldFatGuy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
Well, I just got back. It was off over 2 1/2 almost 3 hours.

Turned it on and.... No. Code. 43. Errors.

Wow.

Next time I have a computer problem I'm gonna pull out all the RAM, juggle 'em around a little, and put 'em back in again. Maybe that fixes all ills??? LOL.

I'm still not prepared to mark this fixed yet. The first time I changed driver's, it worked for a few start-ups, then went back to code 43 errors. The first time I ran Microsoft's Fix-It utility, it worked for a few start-ups, then went back to code 43 errors. And when I changed drivers in one of the above posts I talked about how it came up fine but then the first time I went into Nvidia to make sure SLI was engaged it came back up with Code 43 errors.

But I've turned it off and back on at least 10 times between earlier today and in the last few minutes. I've gone into the Nvidia panel a couple of times to make sure SLI is still engagned, and right now it's still coming up normal, 1080p mode, with no Code 43 errors.

So I probably purchased a stick of memory and an SLI bridge I didn't need. Oh well, live and learn.

I'm going to give it a week. If at the end of the week I still haven't seen the Code 43 errors have returned, then I'll be satisfied. I will also post back here to let you know either way. Not going to leave you hanging. It turns out you were more than likely right along as you said in a post above that you could not agree that the memory problem and the Code 43 errors were unrelated. It's liking like you were right all along, and I will confirm that in a week if I get no more errors.

I really, really really want to thank you. Your patience, your knowledge of the issues, and your willingness to never give up are all traits that I envy and appreciate. Thank you so much.

I will probably thank you again in a week when I post (earlier if the errors come back) so I hope you don't mind it. It's just I'm blown away by the fact some person I don't even know, a half a world away from where I am, took the time and the very real effort to help someone you don't even know, likely will never meet, and might not like much if you did meet me. That. Just. Blows. Me. Away. Sometimes I think the human race on a well deserved self destruction path with it's greed greed greed and then sometimes the humanity of my fellow man just literally blows my mind open.

For FREE. All that help and time for FREE. Just out of a willingness and desire to help. That's amazing sir or madam. You should be proud of your humanity. I am.

Thank you.

Joe Weakley
OldFatGuy
Virginia, USA

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
PM sent to you.
All the best.

OldFatGuy

OldFatGuy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
Things are going along great. No more startups with 800X640 resolution due to Code 43 errors. No more errors on MEMTEST. And the system that crashed daily (now I count crashes out of programs as crashes, maybe that's not right so if there's another term I should use for those someone please tell me) hasn't crashed ONCE. Not out of a single program, or out of Windows and powered down.

Then this morning, I turn the computer on just I did every other morning this week....... and 800X640 resolution. I look under device manager and see Code 43 errors.

I'm thinking of just sending the whole machine back to CyberPower and let them figure it out. But you know what will happen. They will THINK they've fixed it (just like I have several times, especially this time), only to have it return.

I wish I could just return it for my money back.

I'm going to close this issue here though.

Thank you for all you've done, I feel I can't in good conscience ask any more of you. You've been great, I greatly appreciate it, and I will just contact CyberPower and see if we can work something out. I don't really want to mess with this anymore. There's a problem somewhere in there that I just know if I send back is gonna get "false fixed" again because the problem is so hard to track down.

And I paid over $2,0000 for this system....

THanks again, best wishes to you, and please don't be upset at me not responding further. It won't be anything at all personal, trust me. I just am not going to ask any more of your time.

Take care.

Joe
OldFatGuy

Edited by OldFatGuy, 13 November 2011 - 12:41 PM.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
No need to respond
I wish you the very best of luck.

It is either a game you are playing that is causing it OR as I said before some sort of transient defect on the cards or the motherboard. I do not think it is PSU fault.

However I agree with you, that although I am more than willing to continue, it is probably going to rpove to be a fault that cannot really be diagnosed online.

Once again good luck

Rylec

Rylec

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Sorry to butt in on this thread, especially as it is old but I have a similar problem.

I'm not sure of my full specs as im not at home right now but I had before this upgrade, an athlon 64 3800+ with 2gb DDR2, BFG 8800GTS OC edition 320mb with a diabolically poor Dell 305W PSU in what was a standard Acer machine, running Windows 7 Ultimate, nothing special about it.

Now, as it sits the machine ran fine, (I know its sad but.. ) I only Play Starcraft 2 and World of Warcraft on the machine, neither of which have massive drains on the machine but I have known I need to upgrade at the least the PSU.

Well, today was my lucky day, I got the cash to upgrade to an XFX 450 Core PSU and had enough to buy a matched 2GB RAM stick, Got home, installed both and machine fired up no issues until I got to windows, where I recieved the dreaded Code 43 for the 8800GTS, As anyone would, I removed the new ram stick and booted up expecting that to be the problem, the code 43 was gone.

I then tried the new stick on its own and that worked fine, but no matter the order or slots used, the 2 sticks together bring up code 43 on the 8800GTS, and I tried them in all 4 RAM slots.

Does this smell like I need to reinstall windows with the sticks in or have i wasted money on a stick i wont be able to use with my 8800GTS?