Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help with DVD to digital transfer

• Please log in to reply

tonycash

tonycash

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Help with DVD to digital transfer
Here is my issue. I have alot of dvds with home video/sports/tv shows etc.... that i made with my dvd recorder.

Major problem is there has been some glitch in my dvd recorder that won't let me finalize a dvd I just recorded on. I've tried numerous things and can't figure it out, so I moved on from that. BUT...I can only watch these dvds in that dvd recorder, since they weren't finalized they won't play in any computer or other dvd player.

So if something happes to this recorder, those dvds are useless.

I want to transfer these dvds to digital format, whether it be to an sd card, hard drive, my macbook pro.

I've seen a device that says you can transfer from dvd player to this device and save footage onto a sd card and put into your computer, but heard mixed reviews so I was hoping there is a more proven way to do this.

THANKS FOR SUGGESTIONS

Advertisements

Mr EZ

Mr EZ

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi tonycash,

Have you ever been able to finalize?

You can get a better job than costco.

There are definitely more proven ways. I don't want to go on with explanations if you already sent them off.

More proven ways involve purchasing equipment, software and dedicating time to learn it. I get the inclination you'd rather not get so involved.

Do you even have a computer with firewire input?

Mr EZ

Mr EZ

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Sorry about the costco comment - that thought was in my head from reading a different forum.