Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer freezing and slowness.

• Please log in to reply

alex-oates

alex-oates

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi my name's Alex and I have been having a problem with my computer freezing every minute or so and then staying like that for around 3-20 seconds. however during this time I can move my mouse, it just seems to be the programs that are frozen. Also despite getting a new internet upgrade and full connectivity my internet browsing experience has been rather slow as well. Anything I can do? thanks.

Advertisements

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
:)

Download CCLEANER the link below:

http://www.piriform....leaner/download

Just DONT us the registry cleaner function of CCleaner unless you know what you are deleting exactly!!

Then open ccleaner hit the tools button then startup second one down below uninstall then in the bottom right hand corner of ccleaner hit save to text file.Save it to your desktop and post the startup.txt here in your next reply.Also hit start run then type msconfig then hit the services tab then put a check mark in hide microsoft services what is listed there,after hiding microsoft services?Aslo post a uninstall list from Ccleaner please just follow the instructions for startup list but select uninstall install also.

Edited by rockmilk, 06 November 2011 - 01:50 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Hi alex-oates and :)
You need to provide information about your computer (answer what you can), this includes is it a laptop or desktop, is it a custom build or brand name such as Dell or HP if it is provide the model name or series number (not serial) motherboard , PSU and any add on card providing these details will enable others to better assist you.
There is more than one cause of the symptoms you describe, provide the requested details and it will give us a better idea, thank you.

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
Also press f5 to see if someone has posted to your problem instead of waiting around.