Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Can't update IE

• Please log in to reply

Alisha Granda

Alisha Granda

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have updated my Windows XP to the most recent version and tried to update IE but every time I do it acts like it is going to download but then says that it can't be updated. When I had originally tried updating IE it told me that it couldn't because my service pack needed to be updated so I did that but still got a message saying it couldn't be updated.

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 5,832 posts
Hi Alisha Granda,

Welcome to Geeks to Go! :)

I have updated my Windows XP to the most recent version

What do you mean by most recent version? Do you mean Windows Updates and Service Pack 3 (SP3)?

To find which Service Pack is installed please do the following:

Go to Start and Right click on My Computer. Click on General tab and the current SP will be displayed for you.

tried to update IE

What version of IE is presently installed? To find out for sure please do the following:

Go to Help > About Internet Explorer. The version will be displayed in a pop up window.

Let me know and we can continue from there.

Donna :yes: