Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

WIndows Vista problem?

• Please log in to reply

chipper1

chipper1

• PipPip
  • 80 posts
Hello,

Really hope someone can help me?

I got my windows Vista 4 years ago and it was sooooooooo fast at first, never crashed etc...
It is a PC, acer aspire.

Now it keeps freezing I have noticed the red light on the tower goes a still red and sometimes if I wait a few mins it starts again and the red light goes away and it makes a whiring sound from the tower when it starts to work again and the red light goes. Also if I turn the PC off totally, when I turn it back on it crashes within seconds, and does the same over and over again after I turn it back on, eventually it will stay on. When I try to turn it on, the tower comes on but the screen doesn't, but the tower just beeps and beeps.

I have taken it to a PC shop and they said there was nothing wrong with it!! and they said the cleaned the dust out of it and it worked fine. I get it home and within seconds, the problem is there again. It is generally so so so so so slow too!! I have run anti virus spybot and tired norton, have defragged, disk cleaned...nothing so far has made any differece. It so annoying and can take forever just to do a simple thing, like load a webpage etc??

PLease help?

Thanks!!

Advertisements