Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Program selection?

• Please log in to reply

Jerry Richter

Jerry Richter

• Pip
  • 0 posts
OK. Now that I have sent my intro let me describe my problem. Yesterday I decided to download Google Chrome...did and didn't like it so uninstalled it. Now, every time I click on a desktop icon (for instance, "Hotmail" I get a msg saying to select a program to open "Hotmail" with. I select Internet Explorer and check the "Use this program every time to open "Hotmail." Next time, same thing all over again. Whassup?

Advertisements

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Hi Jerry Richter,

Welcome to Geeks to Go! :)

Open IE and click on Tools in the menu bar. Then click on Internet Options from the list. Click on the Programs tab at the top and look for Default web browser. Click on the Make Default button to the right then click Apply > OK.

Let us know if that helps at all.

Donna :yes: