Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE
Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of friendly volunteers serve up answers and support. Get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message and all ads will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account Login to Account

Opera CSS, help wanted.

• Please log in to reply

Clareykins

Clareykins

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
Apologies if these issues have been raised before but I have searched and feel like I'm banging my head against a brick wall with my problem.

I'm creating a site which is still in it's very early stages and have encountered two annoying problems that I just can't seem to fix no matter how hard I look (maybe too hard?).

The first is with the background repeat inside a div, you can see for yourself here. The white stripe across the bottom is the background of the white block above it and shouldn't be there.

My second frustration is with how the site loads in the Opera browser, in a window too small to accomodate the page it displays as it should, but in a full size window the whole content drops much lower than it should be. I've tried adding an opera only margin-top adjustment to the css and it just won't budge!

Any help that anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement

Clareykins

Clareykins

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
With help I managed to fix the background issue by adding a display:block; to the image where the background was to stop (well duh!) Still having the opera problem though. Any advice?

Edited by Clareykins, 10 November 2011 - 03:58 AM.