Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Apple TV streaming from my PC causes BSoD

• Please log in to reply

iahawki21

iahawki21

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I run Windows 7 on my Lenovo T410....when I find my home sharing device on my apple TV, I try to play songs, which are coming from my External HD. I can play the songs through iTunes without any issue on my PC, it's when Apple TV starts playing the song that my PC gets the Blue Screen. The error has something to do with "tcpip.sys". Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
The error has something to do with "tcpip.sys".

Too vague, please post the actual error message. ""something to do with" is not really helpful.

iahawki21

iahawki21

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
in a previous thread, it said to do the following, which I do not have the KMXFW, KMXCFG and KMXCV drivers, so I'm wondering if since my PC is newer, the drivers are different?

In Device Manager, go View, click on Show hidden devices
Non-Plug, and Play Deivce folder will expand.
Find following drivers:
KMXFW, KMXCFG and KMXCV
In each case, right click on the entry, click Properties
Click Driver tab, and change Startup type from whatever it is now to Demand.
OK your way out.
Restart computer.