Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

d-link router wont connect to cable modem?

• Please log in to reply

[email protected]

[email protected]

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hello, im new to routers just bought my first one, its a d-link wireless DI-524, i have time warner cable road runner ubee modem U10C018.80

i want to use my xbox 360 and pc at same time is my goal. so i am on the internet with my pc pluged into the router but when i put in the install cd and go to install it says

"it appears you are connecting this new router to a modem that also has routing functions.
Please contact your ISP for directions on how to disable these fuctions so you can use your new router.

if your attempting to connect this router behind a exsisting router, you must first change the ip address range of the exsisting router( for example 192.168.10.1)"

i dont understand any help would be awesome

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
The Ubee modem appears to have wireless router capability according to the error message from the D-Link setup.
This must be disabled and the modem put into "bridge mode".

[email protected]

[email protected]

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
its a little cheap mode, it doesnt have wireless, how do i do what u say about bridge?