Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Appropriate GPU Temperature

• Please log in to reply

Basmastersix

Basmastersix

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
Hi there everyone,

After failing to be able to communicate directly with Asus on several occasions... I thought I would just ask this question on the GeeksToGo Forum!

I just built my own gaming PC and I purchased an "ASUS ENGTX570 DCII Video Card" (Or for short: "Asus Nvidia GTX 570")

If you want to see the graphics card for yourself, here is a direct link: http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814121432

With that, I am using the program SpeedFan to monitor my computer temperatures, and while gaming in Battlefield 3 on Ultra graphic settings my graphics card is running at around 50 - 56 degrees Celsius.

So.. My question is: Is this an appropriate or SAFE temperature for this graphics card while gaming?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much in advance,

Basmastersix

Advertisements

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
For that card, it is very good temps. Many gamers report temps of 80 to 90, not the best, but they still seem to keep going, would probable shorten the life of the card.

If it reaches about 97C it should throttle back.

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
I agree. It is normal for GPUs to run quite a bit warmer than CPUs and as mykyl noted, those are actually very good temps.

Basmastersix

Basmastersix

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Thank you both for your input on this topic! You have put my worries to rest!

- Bas

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
You are welcome. Now it is up to you to perform regular inspections (I recommend monthly) and clean out the heat trapping dust as necessary to keep your temps in check.

Basmastersix

Basmastersix

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Oh yea, I'm all over that!

Thanks!

- Bas

Henderson3411

Henderson3411

• Pip
  • 8 posts
My brother's gaming rig which has amd hd 6970, when ilding is @ 52•c fan =50% when play L4D2 the temp goes to 62•c fan =50%
Which sounds pretty normal by previous posts

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
Remember, it is the case's responsibility to provide adequate front-to-back flow of cool air through the case. Also, the ambient (room) temperature is a key player in proper cooling too.