Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cable Internet not properly working

• Please log in to reply

Mr.Kaizer

Mr.Kaizer

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey guys
I have a laptop that has problems connecting to the internet via cable. It also sometimes causes problems with the wireless connection. First it will say limited or no connectivity and then connect. But it usually connects.

When it comes to cable, It rarely works. Again I have the message limited or no connectivity and it doesn't resolve so I mainly stick with the wireless but it is much slower than cable so it makes surfing the net a torture.

There was a desktop computer before I bought the laptop and there wasn't problems as such, Im guessing that the problem is created by the laptop.

Could anyone help please?

Advertisements

marksmitths

marksmitths

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Cable connection is shared by other internet users. So its speed is very low and it is not safe connected internet. I recommend you should use phone line to get dedicate connection to your laptop.

Mr.Kaizer

Mr.Kaizer

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I think I couldn't explain myself, My laptop won't connect to the Internet when I plug in the cable comming from the modem or router. The connection sign on the bottom right corner of the screen go's crazy. One second its connected then Its off then it says limited connectivity. But I can connect to the İnternet with the laptops wireless without a problem.