Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cnmss

• Please log in to reply

Ricky_22

Ricky_22

• PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
:) hey guys, when I start my computer up I've lately been
getting the following message :-

There was a problem starting C:\Users\Ownercnmss
The specified module could not be found

Could anyone tell me if this is important? what is it? and how
to rectify whatever it is please LOL

Ricky

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Do you have canon printer software on the computer? This usually happens when you delete the canon printer software off the computer but you still have the registry settings. You can probably use msconfig to disable the process. So far i cannot find exactly where the canon registry entries are to be able to delete them.

Heres a vbs file that may fix your problem. You RUN this at your own risk as i have not used this file.

http://www.silentrunners.org/

Run the attached .zip file then right click on the returned silent runners.vbs select open ignore all messages and be patient after 10 secs a output will appear under the silent runners.vbs just wait awhile till it populates (1-2 mins) then open it. Use the ctrl +f keys to search for cnmss locate the reg location open regedit navigate to it and delete it.
(the above instructions come from another forum, so again this is at your own risk.)

SRX660