Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

windows7 update problem

• Please log in to reply

pavinash

pavinash

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Once i installed a folder lock software in my laptop,while i was using that software suddenly blue screen has come and windows has shut down.After i started windows and opened windows update window,the window only contains three lines:1.#elementModuleHeaderText#
2.#actionCustomInsta
3.#actionCustomInsta
and windows is not updating.i used windows troubleshooter but it didn't fix the problem.So anyone can help how to fix this problem.My windows 7 is genuine

Edited by pavinash, 12 November 2011 - 01:06 AM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• 22,354 posts
Hi pavinash and :)
Have you by any chance recently downloaded and installed a language pack such as Vistalizator?

Edited by phillpower2, 12 November 2011 - 12:07 PM.

John Erwin

John Erwin

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Go to Start, then All Programs -----> Accessories -----> Command Prompt -----> and finally click Run as administrator. Continue if you receive a notification (User Account Control notifications can be disabled).

Run command prompt windows.
Type or paste the following command at the command prompt:

net stop wuauserv

ren %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistributionold

net start wuauserv

You can check if the updates were actually installed successfully and you don’t want to run it again. Do this by accessing the Control Panel and looking in ‘Windows Updates’ to see if everything was installed successfully.

Click this link for more tips http://www.techyv.co...ro-update-error

pavinash

pavinash

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
i didn't install vistalizer

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• 22,354 posts
What about any other multilingual user interface (MUI) pack, possibly bundled with the folder lock software!

My windows 7 is genuine

Why did you state this, are you getting an on screen message saying that it is not genuine?
This can happen when a lesser version of Windows 7 is being used with an MUI as it is only present by default in W7 Ultimate and W7 Enterprise.
See http://windows.micro...7-you-are-using let us know what MS reports.