Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

XP built in burning feature

• Please log in to reply

flatline-uk

flatline-uk

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi,
I am just wondering if it is possible to find out what was burnt to a cd 3 months ago using the xp built in burner?
as far as i am aware no other cds have been burnt since.

Thanks

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,006 posts
Hi flatline-uk and :)

I am just wondering if it is possible to find out what was burnt to a cd 3 months ago using the xp built in burner?

Not sure what you mean as Xp did not have an built in burner and other software such as Nero or Cd burner Xp was/is often used http://download.cnet...4-10409086.html also do you mean is there a record of what was burnt on the computer or what is on an actual disk?

flatline-uk

flatline-uk

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I guess a burner was added.

to clarify, i was wondering if there is a record on the computer, of what was burnt to the CD-r.
if that makes sense.

many thanks

Edited by flatline-uk, 12 November 2011 - 02:19 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I''m confused also as all you would have to do is open the cd-r in windows explorer to see what is on it.
BTW WMP has the capability to burn since version 9 I think.

flatline-uk

flatline-uk

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
sorry i'm not being very clear. i'll try again.

approx 3-4 months ago i burnt a CD-r using a work PC.
the source of the file i burnt was stored on a usb flash drive.
i dragged this file onto the writable CD drive in 'my computer', then burnt the disc.

Now, i already know what is on the disk. but my concern is that the IT guys will be able to find some log or temporary files somewhere that will reveal to them what i did.

I hope this makes sense.

thanks for your replies so far. and the warm welcome.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

Now, i already know what is on the disk. but my concern is that the IT guys will be able to find some log or temporary files somewhere that will reveal to them what i did.

Not that I know of but why worry if you didn't copy anything that should not have been copied.