Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

w32blasterworm help?

• Please log in to reply

klauder

klauder

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi guys! My name is Karlo and I'm new to the site. I stumbled across this forum by searching for ways to remove the virus from my mom's laptop.

I was just wondering if someone could help step by step (due to the fact that im basically computer illiterate) on how to remove a w32.blaster.worm

So she has a McAfee antivirus thing but when I try to scan the computer, it says there is an error. I cant use Internet explorer on it and I cant access the Task Manager. And basically I'm kinda stuck because I really don't know how to approach this problem.

Please HELP!

tia,
Karlo

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,087 posts
Hi klauder Posted Image

Please follow directions HERE to get started.

klauder

klauder

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
hey guys. my friend came over and just reformatted the laptop. mods please close thread.

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
Thanks for letting us know so many people dont do that and feel free to come back here if you need any help what so ever :)

klauder

klauder

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
will do! i already have the site bookmarked just in case i need any help =]