Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP Pro SP3 problems with two different printers

• Please log in to reply

Serviam

Serviam

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi -

Computer is running Windows XP Pro with Service Pack 3. I am currently having trouble printing from Outlook 2003, IE and Firefox. There are two printers installed on this computer (one local (Canon) and one network (Kyocera), although the problem began a few months ago with the local Canon printer before the recently installed Kyocera printer/copier. I have done a lot of research and tried different things to no avail.

I am able to print from all other programs, including other Office programs such as Word and Excel, but when printing from Outlook or one of the web browsers, the first page is missing all of the right side, vertically speaking (probably a couple of inches). If it is a longer document (2 or more pages), all other pages will print ok except for the first page. Otherwise, pc seems to be running well. I don't have any other problems.

Computer repair person wants to reinstall XP. Is this really necessary, since everything else is fine? Your help and suggestions will be of much help. Thanks!

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
It is unusual for the problem to exist when printing from Firefox, it usually applies to IE8 when printing from Outlook or a web page.

Firstly check that your computer is up to date with all IE8 updates, the same for Firefox and indeed XP.
The last IE8 security update was released 11 October
http://support.micro....com/kb/2586448

For Firefox, click the Help Tab and about Firefox it will then automatically check for updates.

I would then test it, if you did have updates to downnload

If the problem still exists go Start, programs , accessories, system tools, start IE8 no add-ons and test again.

For Firefox click Help and restart with add-ons disabled, follow the instructions to use ONLY that once in that state and test on Firefox.

To see how widespread this problem is see this link page 4 of 9
http://answers.micro...4ea03110?page=4

However as I said, it does not usually effect Firefox.

Edited by Macboatmaster, 14 November 2011 - 10:38 AM.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Serviam

You joined GeekstoGo and posted this problem on 13 Nov.
I replied the following day and since then there has been no response from you.

Please do reply when you get chance, indicating if you still require help, if the problem is solved etc.

Please do not start a thread and then just leave the issue unresponded to.

Thank you.