Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

All print jobs to multiple printers cut off on edges

• Please log in to reply

adams0423

adams0423

• PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
I have a brand new Windows 7 x64 Dell Vostro. I am trying to print to multiple printers, and EVERY ONE prints with the edges (left and right) cut off, even a brand new printer that we just bought last week. I've tried network printers, local printers, and shared printers. No other computers here have that problem.

I've tried "Shrink to %," but that just narrows the width of the printed page, and STILL cuts everything off.

Are there global print settings on a computer that affect all printers?

Advertisements

adams0423

adams0423

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
Although this isn't my image, it shows exactly the problem that I am having:
http://i11.photobuck...ee/IMG_1662.jpg

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
Right click on the printer (from Control Panel) and select Printer Properties and send a test page and see if that is correct.

adams0423

adams0423

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
Even test pages were getting cut off. I finally decided to create an additional user account on the computer and send test jobs. This worked. I ended up creating a profile for her and moving all the files over.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
That is odd. I wonder if the default paper size was changed. Oh well, I am glad you got it sorted out.