Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

avg mcafee and system restore

• Please log in to reply

theothrdaughter

theothrdaughter

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
HI I HOPE THERE IS SOMEONE THAT CAN HELP ME!!!!! I TRIED TO DO A SYSTEM RESTORE THE COMP SAID IT COULDNT BE RESTORED MY MCAFEE AND AVG DOESNT WORK ANYMORE THEY WILL NOT DO ANYTHING I THIN I HAVE A VIRUS WHAT CAN I DO?????? :tazz:

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Does the system boot at all? Can you boot into safe mode? Do you have a windows installation cd or a system recovery cd that is bootable? It is possible you could have a virus. Do you have a bootable antivirus cd like McAfee?

theothrdaughter

theothrdaughter

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
YES THE SYSTEM BOOTS UP BUT I TRIED A SYSTEM RESTORE AND IT SAYS IT IS UNABLE TO RESTORE IN SAFE MODE ALSO I DID A VIRUS SCAN WITH STOP SIGN AND IT SAID I HAD TROJAN DOWNLOADER WIN 32 DOWNLOADER 1097 AND DOWNLOADER 1729 ALSO WHEN I TRY SYSTEM RESTORE THIS MESSAGE COMES UP MCaGENT MAIN HIDDEN WINDOW
MCAGENT.EXE-BAD IMAGE
THE APPLICATION OR DLLC:\PROGRA-1 MCAFEE.COM\AGENT\MCBACK.DLL IS NOT A VALID WINDOWS IMAGE PLEASE CHECK WITH INSTALLATION DISK

I DONT HAVE THE INSTALLATION DISC I HAVE A HP PAVILLION WINDOWS XP IT HAS THE SYSTEM RECOVERY FILES IN THE COMP IT DID NOT COME WITH A DISC PLEASE PLEASE I HOPE U CAN HELP!!!!! ;) :tazz:

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Ok, it boots! That is great. I would suggest you work your way through the malware removal guide at the top of this forum where it says "Do you suspect a malware (Spyware, Virus, Trojan) infection? Please start here. " This enables folks to solve most problems on their own. If you still have trouble after that, post a hijack this log in the malware forum at
http://www.geekstogo...o_Here-f37.html