Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

browser trouble

• Please log in to reply

danhhs2006

danhhs2006

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have an hp laptop and installed avg anti virus which my laptop is working great. But after the program was installed all my explorers state " web page unavailale and i have restarted the router, add google chrome as permitted in my firewall settings, and im not using a proxy server...but im connected online so i dont know what it could be i dont know a whole lot about computers in the firast place. I uninstalled the avg program and that did nothing...i also tried to do a systym restore but the nearest restore date.is 5 days ago. This happened over a month ago. Please help me tha ks -Dan

Advertisements

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Hi danhhs2006,

Welcome to Geeks to Go! :)

We're going to have to perform some troubleshooting steps here to find out what happened and why. So bear with me here and answer ALL my questions the best you can. Ok! :yes:

1st.) For proper instructions I may need to know what Operating System (OS) is installed such as XP, Vista or Win7. Could you please tell me what OS you have?

2nd.) How long have you had this computer?

3rd.) What Anti Virus (AV) was installed before you installed AVG?

4th.) Did you uninstall the previous AV?

5th.) Please tell me the exact version of AVG that you installed, then uninstalled.

6th.) Was it the free version or the paid for version of AVG?

Please answer the above questions and we can go from.

Also, please note that I may not be able to respond as soon as I'd like to. I do have to work today and one of the other members may jump in to help to get you going on this issue.

Thank you,

Donna :)

Jcat46

Jcat46

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
What browser are you using? That could make a difference.

Jcat46 :)