Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

problems detecting wireless network

• Please log in to reply

blongley

blongley

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a HP Pavillion dv6408nr notebook. Suddenly my wireless stopped working. it does not respond to turning the wireless network switch on or off and the wireless LED is orange (not blue aka functioning). when i try to run HP wireless assistant, the app does not launch and when i look under the device manager only the network adapter NVIDIA nForce 10/100 Mbps Ethernet is listed. The wireless adapter is not listed at all. What can I do. I was told I have a corrupt operating system, so i wiped it clean and started over but am still having trouble using my wireless. I can only access the internet via my ethernet cable and I am tired of being inconvenienced by this product.

Advertisements

blongley

blongley

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
i should also note that i am running windows vista 32-bit