Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Keyboard trouble.

• Please log in to reply

kelly1

kelly1

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
When I turned my computer on today the keyboard was not functioning and the cursor was not visable on the desktop, it's working properly now after restarting the computer four times but has been acting up lately, the wire as it enters the keyboard may be a problem since moving it seems to have an effect, making the lights on the keyboard turn off and on, but there are no visable cracks in the wire and I've taken the keyboard apart and cleaned it with air, I'm wondering is this a common keyboard problem or an issue inside the computer ? I'd rather not replace the keyboard if I don't really have to.

Not sure if this is related but I've also noticed the mouse acting strange, slight movement can cause the cursor to zip across the desktop and sometimes while on websites the slidebar will zip to the bottom of the page.

My computer is a 6 year old HP Compaq Presario SR 1500NX desktop, the keyboard is the original Compaq model # 5137, the mouse is Compaq too.

Many thanks in advance, I'm hoping I won't be replying from a public computer at our local library !

Kelly

Advertisements

kelly1

kelly1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
I picked up a new keyboard and mouse, problems solved :-)