Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem- desktop icons constantly refreshing

• Please log in to reply

hakoti

hakoti

• Pip
  • 1 posts
About every 60 seconds my desktop icons and task bar disappear or go blank (wallpaper remains visible) and redraw. They reappear in only about 1 second. But I loose focus, and loose the cursor, on any activity I am doing such as working in a word processor or email program. The refresh problem does not happen in safe mode. I have disabled most of my startup programs and have run a couple of differen malware programs without any relief. This happens even without any software program running. I am using Comodo Internet Security and have been since long before this refresh problem appeared.

It may help to note that if I right click on the desktop, and click REFRESH, only the icons on the desktop refresh. During my problem both the desktop icons and the entire taskbar blank and refresh. Suggestions would be appreciated.

Windows 7, HP Pavilion, 6 gig memory, x64

Advertisements