Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

corrupted file on dcument on flash drive

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 0 posts
hi, I am having issues with opening a very important time sensitive document from my flash drive.Can anyone help me please??? This is the message I'm receiving:
The Office Open XML file cannot be opened because there are problems with the content"
Click details and the message says "The file is currupt and cannot be opened"
It then says "Word found unreadable content in the file. Do you want to recover the contents of this document? If you trust the source of this document, click yes.". I click yes, but nothing happens.

• PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Welcome to GeekstoGo. What version of Office are you using and what file extension is the file saved in?