Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Installed a new hard drive and now printer won't print

• Please log in to reply

Christine Carlson Knight

Christine Carlson Knight

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Ok this is what I have done. My hard drive crashed so I replaced it, installed all the drivers, and now the printer won't print. First I used the cd and it didn't work so I downloaded the drivers from the hp website. I also tried hooking the laptop directly to the computer but still didn't work. I am on a wireless network and the printer works with every other computer except for mine. It lets me add the printer just fine, it even say's it's "online" but won't print test page or any page for that matter. I have windows 7 and the printer is an hp officejet 6500.If anyone has any suggestions that would be great. :)

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Open Devices and Printers from Start.
Right click on the wireless printer and select Printer Properties.
Click on the Port tab.

What does it show?

For my Brother HL-2270DW Laser I see this:

Christine Carlson Knight

Christine Carlson Knight

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Ok this is what I have. I am on a wireless network with three other computers and they also have the same thing.

printer.jpg

Edited by Christine Carlson Knight, 18 November 2011 - 04:46 PM.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
They can't all be connected via USB. Only one computer at a time can be connected to a printer that way.

If the printer is wireless capable then you should have a connection similar to what I showed you in my previous post.

Please describe how the printer is connected. Is it connected via USB to on computer and then shared with the other computers or is it setup as a wireless printer. Sorry but I'm very confused.