Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Which of these two computer classes would open the most doors?

• Please log in to reply

AloofOnTheRoof

AloofOnTheRoof

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi folks. First day at geekstogo and I'm relatively novice with computers compared to many of you. Here's my first question, and if it's posted in the wrong category you can all beat me merciful. I already did a search and found nothing really. So here it is.

There are two classes offered at my school: Fundamentals of programming and web application design. I can only take one in the same semester. It seems the first one might be the place to start, but I also have to consider which one would get me in the door the fastest. Learning to program in Java or C++ is going to take a lot of time, and this class only touches the very beginning...then I'd have to take OOP, and then specific language. But Web design is probably a bit easier, and with some practice I think I could get good at it fairly quickly. I already had some BASIC and understand program structures and data types, etc. And I see tons of adds wanting Web programmers. Of course I don't expect to be able to get in the door anywhere after taking just one class.

Now that I think of it, I could actually program the doors to open by taking the formal programming route.

Peter

Advertisements

nry123

nry123

• Pip
  • 4 posts
So what is the question?
Its look that you prefer to study design, so go on it. The most important thing is to learn something you realy like and that you will able to spend a lot of nights on it.

In my opinion, java is more dificult to learn by yourself, so it is better if you will got some help, and then you can learn anything you want by yourself.

-------------------
Sorry about my english.

Edited by nry123, 21 November 2011 - 06:00 AM.