Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No full system restore in boot up menu or computer

• Please log in to reply

RogueRaven

RogueRaven

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have recently encountered a problem with my computer, It is a Gateway Desktop, Windows Vista Home Premium, service pack 2,Intel®Pentium® Dual CPU @2.00GHz, system type: 32-bit OS. some how I have become locked out of just about all files. it tells me that the programs can only be run by an Admin.But I am the only account on the computer, i have full rights. I tried a system restore to an earlier date and it did not work and am afraid I am going to have to do a Full System restore back to factory settings, I have looked through the computer for the files the manual told me to find and I could find anything except a system restore which as i said didn't work. I have also gone through safe mode, and also whats supposed to be the BOOT menu but there are only three options which don't make any since. can someone please help me?

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
You can add another account(user) to the system and set the user as a administrator. This should solve the problem unless you have some kind of malware on the computer causing the problem.

SRX660