Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Benchmarks scores too low (WEI, Passmark)

• Please log in to reply

shoenberg3

shoenberg3

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello,
Just upgraded my comp to these stats:

i5-2500k oc'ed to 4ghz (disabled turbo)
4gb ddr3 ram at 1600 mhz
gtx 260
intel 320-series ssd 160 gb

So the cpu-z is displaying correctly everything as they should: cpu at 4ghz, ram at 4gb at dram frequency of 800 mhz and on 8-8-8-24 timings.

However, when I run the cpu and mem benches on passmark, the scores are below average for i5-2500k. It is hovering around 6500 where even stock i5-2500ks are scoring well over 7000. The memory score too seems subpar.

I realize WEI isn't completely valid but the scores there are also giving me questions. While 7.6 for the CPU seems reasonable (might still need be bit slow for 4ghz i5-2500k), the RAM scores a shocking 5.9, when I got something like 7.0 when I was using 4gb DDR2 ram on 800mhz.

Advertisements