Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

dell inspiron 1525 hard drive fail?

• Please log in to reply

jamiemad1

jamiemad1

• PipPip
  • 98 posts
Hello, my laptop has been getting blue screen lately the only code i could get was "bad pool caller" i have another topic in virus removal and was told to download and run gmer and when i ran the scan i got the blue screen twice then tried in safe mode and same thing blue screen twice,I did a memory test at the bios options and it failed giving me a code of "ERROR CODE 0142 MESSAGE 2000-0142" I ran chkdsk and am unsure what the results where I am not handy enough to find the results I appreciate your help in this matter. oh by the way the hard drive is only about 13 months old thanks again.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,032 posts
Hi jamiemad1
If the HDD is in the computer that you are receiving assistance from Blottedisk to resolve a malware issue then we cannot assist you here until you are directed here by the Malware Tech, given the all clear of malware or both.
Thank you for advising us of the Malware Topic though, good luck with resolving it and we will be here should it turn out to be a hardware issue.

jamiemad1

jamiemad1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
ok thank you for your reply.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,032 posts
You are welcome :)